does anyway know how long after coming off depo should you be able to conceive

i was on depo for nearly five years and came off in november last year i have had four regular periods since coming off but have not been able to get pregnant i have a six year old son i was on depo before i got pregnant with him but cant remember it being so difficult i have heard that it could take a couple of years of trying once coming off depo to actually conceive the thing is im having normal periods its been seven months already. is it or has it been this hard for others who have been on depo and how long did it take for you.

tumtum360

Asked by tumtum360 at 8:35 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I can tell you I started to loose weight about a year off depo...which sounds like it isn't related...but I lost weight quick and then BAM! I year and a half from taking my last shot I was prego.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:37 PM on May. 26, 2009

• they say it takes up to 18 months!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:38 PM on May. 26, 2009

• it really all depends. with my son, i accidentally missed a shot and then concieved him 3 days later.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:41 PM on May. 26, 2009

• they told me 18 months also, i am not trying to have another baby made dh get the snip lol. but i got off it in nov 2008 and still havent had a period. try to relax more and best of luck.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:42 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I was on it in high school, although only for about 6 months. My "fiance" and I decided to try to have a baby right when I graduated(stupid, I know). So I got off the shot. We tried every month for appox. 1 1/2 yrs. Things didn't end up working out between us, and thank God I never got pregnant. I met my now husband about a year later and it took us one time having sex and I got pregnant. I've always heard it can take up to 2 years after you come off any birth control to conceive, but I've heard Depo usually takes the longest. (but for some reason I know more people who got pregnant while on it than any other type of birth control)??
    Anonymous

• Just because you are having normal periods does not mean you are ovulating. A friend was on Depo for 6 years after the birth of her first and then it took her 5 years to get pregnant again. She refused to use medical interventions to get pregnant though.
    Anonymous