What is a homeschool to send my very bright 4 year old to kindergarten?

I want her to start 1st grade with her sister in one more year attending school together.

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 8:41 PM on May. 26, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm not certain I understand.
    Homeschools are just that - you teach them at home, yourself.
    You can look for a charter school or private school with a good pre-K program but remember that there are age restrictions for most schools. In general, a child MUST start school (1st grade) the fall that they are 6 years old - so holding your older child back is not an option. And schools won't accept a child who isn't 5 years old by their cut off date for Kindergarten (or 6 years for 1st grade), no matter how bright, so accelerating your younger child won't work either.

You might just have to let them start school with their age mates instead of each other.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:48 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Could you rephrase the question? I can't understand if you're asking about homeschooling or homeschooling her to get to 1st grade...is she younger than her sis? I homeschooled my youngest b/c preschool is expensive here and she didn't qualify for free preschool so I got books and workbooks and we did well..she's very bright...
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 8:47 PM on May. 26, 2009

• no her sis is 2 yrs. older and only one grade ahead
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 9:09 PM on May. 26, 2009