Unexpected company and messy house...

Do you just throw everything quickly somewhere? If so, where? Closet? Drawer? Under the bed?

Daily Buzz Team

Asked by Daily Buzz Team at 8:48 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would tell them that now is not a good time for me and to come back later. also I would ask them to please give a headsup. Like a phone call! I would not hurry up to clean my house.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:51 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Nope...most of my "unexpected company" are people that I know. They know they can walk in and my house be all cleaned up...or it look like a tornado just came through. Most of them have several children my kids' age too so they totally understand.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 8:51 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I try to keep my house company ready at all times, but with a 19 year old thats not always possible so i usually throw all the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and pick up toys and put them in the toy box, everything else goes ito the closet. and i also have a junk drawer in the kitchen lol
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 8:51 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I usually just say, "Oh, I'm sorry...please excuse the mess." Then I'm scrambling around trying to move things so they have a place to sit. It doesn't really happen too often though and my friends' houses look just like mine...
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 8:52 PM on May. 26, 2009

• never really have the problem we try and keep a clean house especially since my dads a pastor so the house must stay clean.
    Anonymous

• Nah what you see is what you get at my house.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 9:00 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I throw the baby's toys in his play pen. If there is additional clutter around I will put it in the spare bedroom with the door closed until I can sort it out after the guest leaves. If they're already in the door then I just say "you caught me in a mess!" and offer them some coffee because It's more inviting to just ignore the clutter than it is to run around tidying up in front of company. I always feel so awkward sitting there while someone frantically cleans their house!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:01 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I don't get caught off guard.
    Anonymous

• if i have an unexpected guest its someone i know really really well no one else would just drop in so they'd know hey some days its a disaster some days its spotless. so i don't throw anything anywhere, they'll end up seeing it anyways no matter where i put it b/c like i said usually family or close friends considered family so they watch the kids or do whatever they want in the house. now if its someone i don't know i may move stuff around in the kitchen you can see all of my kitchen from the living room except about 4 feet of counter space, so i may put dishes there if the sink is full
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:13 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I do not have a messy house so I do not have to worry about it!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:32 AM on May. 27, 2009