Unexpected company, house is a mess...

Do you just quickly throw everything somewhere? If so, where? Closet? Drawer? Under the bed?

Daily Buzz Team

Asked by Daily Buzz Team at 8:50 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope! If they are unexpected they are going to see how messy my house is and I won't care. I would have to pick up every five minutes, literally follow my 2 nad 1yo around picking up the toys they drop around to keep my house looking clean....but of course then the dishes would pile up and the laundry would never get done, lol! However, if there is stuff on the couch or laundry out, I do toss it in my bedroom and close the door.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 8:53 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i had a sinkful of dishes i was getting to them but my dh's family showed up 20 mins early so i threw them in a bottom cabinet. lol. i alway want notice and time i hate people coming over and my house is trashed and not cleaned up lol. i love how the 1 day i decide to take it easy and just pick up not clean THATS when everyone shows up.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:54 PM on May. 26, 2009

• The thing to do is to grab up as much as you can, toss it into the closet as you drag your vacuum cleaner out as well as a dust cloth. Then let your guests in and tell them that they caught you just as you were starting to clean- it will be the truth. A friend said that she kept her blinds drawn because letting a lot of light in showed the dust too much. I've also heard of keeping the vacuum cleaner out and using it to set magazines and coffee cups on, or even laundry. * wink *

Answer by Bmat at 8:54 PM on May. 26, 2009

• That is why we live in the boonies... house is always a mess- and I hate company...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 9:09 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I hate when people drop in unexpectedly. I keep my house relatively clean but still...I was in the shower once when my BIL showed up for whatever reason and I had to walk past him standing at front door in a towel and pray that he didn't notice...if he did he never said anything...
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 9:19 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Nope, if they didn't call before they came, then they waive the right to visit a spotless house. We live in our home, with 2 soon to be 3 small kids...yeah, it gets messy. So if toys on the floor and laundry on the couch bothers you, dont come to my house without calling.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:27 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I don't let them in. If you want to come to my house you had better give me 30 minutes warning. I have three young boys and always have a messy house with a sink full of dishes. If you don't call, you don't come in. Sorry...but now mine and dh's families know this. They all call first or they stand outside. lol
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:29 PM on May. 26, 2009

• This is why I keep my house clean at all times. Anyone can stop over any time they want and It's all good. I even keep a few desserts made and ready for just such an occasion. I just love an impromptu tea party!

Anonymous

• i try to keep it fairly clean but not to my hubby hes picky and we jus pick up right quick.
    lienna

Answer by lienna at 11:45 PM on May. 26, 2009