For the Christian Moms....I need a bible verse for an anniversary cake

I'm making a cake for a couple in my church who are celebrating thier 50th wedding anniversary:) I would love to put a meaningful verse on it but I'm a new christian so I'm still reading for the first time. If I could get some help, it would be great! They are a sweet loving couple that never seem to have even the littlest of disagreement:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Proverbs 15:17
    A bowl of vegetables with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate.

That one may not fit but I still think it's cute!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:10 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Proverbs 30:18-19
    There are three things that amaze me—
    no, four things that I don’t understand:
    how an eagle glides through the sky,
    how a snake slithers on a rock,
    how a ship navigates the ocean,
    how a man loves a woman.

Song of Solomon 2:16
    My lover is mine, and I am his.

Song of Solomon 8:7
    Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned.

Love never fails....And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

Colossians 3:14
    And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:14 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I would look in the song of songs.
    God bless
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:18 PM on May. 26, 2009

• A tip for using Bible verses in art: If you want to use just one part of a verse instead of the whole thing, you can add an "a" or "b" to be verse to let people know which half of the verse you used.

For example:
    Love never fails....And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13 is the whole verse.

If you wanted to just put "Love never fails" the reference would be I Corinthians 13:13a

If you wanted to just put "But the greatest of these is love." the reference would be I Corinthians 13:13b

I also think some translations pinpoint the meaning of a verse better than other translations do. Some translations also say certain verses more eloquently. If you like the theme of a verse and are wondering how it might be worded differently, try looking up the reference on www.blueletterbible.org to see what other translations have to say.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:18 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Do you think that you could put two scriptures into one? What if you could use Titus 2: 2-3 and consice it into one pharse. ? The aged men be sober, grave, temperate sound in faith in charity, in patience. 3) The aged women like wise that they be in behavior as becometh holiness....
    Anonymous

• here is one that is pretty...
    "we rejoice and delight in you,we will praise your love more than wine."
    Found in song of songs under friends
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:22 PM on May. 26, 2009

• What about the one in Ruth along the lines of " Wherever thou art goest I will go . Your people shall be my people " and all that?
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 9:42 PM on May. 26, 2009

• proverbs 17-17
    true companion loving always
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:22 PM on May. 26, 2009

• The first verse that came to mind was the 1Cor. 13:13 that Novemberlove listed. Also, read through the Song of Solomon... there are a bunch of great verses!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:06 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i like the first one,lol
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:28 AM on May. 27, 2009