Is 6 weeks to early for a doctor to see a baby on a regular pelvic ultrasound?

I went to the doctor and my doctor told me she didnt see anything she said I was to early. Should I be worried or have a transvaginal done?

caleb31

Asked by caleb31 at 8:52 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with my first pregnancy at exactly 6 weeks he was only a small small dot in the sac.
    Anonymous

• WHEN I GOT MY 1ST SONO I WAS 7 WEEKS AND THE DOCTOR HAS TO USE A VAGINAL SONO TO SEE THE BABY
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 8:58 PM on May. 26, 2009

• yes 6 weeks is to early
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:10 PM on May. 26, 2009

• It also depends on your size. If you are small you can. I saw mine at that far along. It was just a small sac, but it was there.

Anonymous

• At 7 weeks I had one done trasnvaginal due to spotting. I don't think they couldh ave seen it the regular way.
    Anonymous

• they wouldn't do one on me until I was 8 weeks
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:29 PM on May. 26, 2009

• With my first pregnancy I had one at 9 weeks due to spotting and she looked like a little peanut that was it so I'm guessing 6 weeks would be to early.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 10:30 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I had a spotting incident around 6 weeks and had both the pelvic and transvaginal. Both the images look the same. He only looked like a little gummy bear but he was there. I think you would be able to see it but it depends on your body.
    Proud_Mama2B

Answer by Proud_Mama2B at 11:02 PM on May. 26, 2009

• When i was 7 weeks pregnant they had to use the vagina ultrasound thingy. lol it was uncomfortable but kinda cool. so dont worry about it you and your baby is fine.
    MommyExpecting

Answer by MommyExpecting at 5:10 PM on May. 27, 2009