My daughter is 2 years and 3 months. We dont have a lot of money and she is home 24 / 7. I was wondering what others do with their children for fun at this age. We color, make and use playdough and cookie cutters, use the color wonder by Crayola. She watches too much TV I think and I would love ideas of things to do with her. We walk everywhere and also use a wading pool almost daily. I am bored and get too hot. Appreciate all your answers in advance. Thanks

acitivites with a 2 year old that cost little money or require not going far from home

Asked by pinkcalla721 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• there is a site called I found it on pbs, channel 2.they have a kids craft show on early morning, about 10 am you should look for that also. it is about a 30 minute show where they do crafts you can work on with your kids at home. some are things to use that you already have around the house. I would look into that.

Answer by karrey at 11:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• story time at the local library? Sometimes twp's offer free play classes too. Also check out and look for a local playgroup. Good luck.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Just go window shopping at the mall. Kids never know whats going on they like to people watch anyways and I think that its a great place to people watch. Just pack snacks and head on out to the cool mall.

Answer by beckostafin at 12:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• 1. Buy some vanilla yogurt and a small variety of kool-aid. Grape, Cherry, Orange, Blue raspberry. Mix kool-aid and yogurt together. Fingerpaint. If she eats it, no problem.

2. Go to: This is a site where by pushing one button she can make the guitar, drum, or xylophone play and cartoon animals appear. There are a couple of other things to do there with one button pushing too. Warning. It can get monotonous for you. She will probably love it.

Answer by Tijae at 1:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• here girls!! good luck

Answer by shantee32 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• What about chalk?! My children love it!

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 5:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• take her to the park, have a pinic, make animals out of the clouds, and hopefully there will be some kids running around that she can play with. my son loves to do this:)

Answer by chadsmom05 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• not sure if anyone suggested this....but i used to teach a mommy and me class and one of the things that the kids love is.....give them a bucket of water and a paint brush...lots of sizes......even the foam ones work....have them "paint" the sidewalk.......also another idea is tub time....have them wear their suits in the tub and put beach toys in the tub w/ them.....

Answer by dottief13 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2008