Any more braxton hicks remedies?

I am 35 weeks and they are getting really painful, I mean bad, stop me in my tracks, have to breath through them, cant think straight, painful! They are about 10-15 minutes apart. I have tried changing positions, getting up and walking, laying down on my left side and resting, drank tons of water, took a nap (as much as I could waking up every 10-15 minutes). Any other remedies I am just not thinking of at the moment? I have 3 other kids, and I know I am not in labor, but these are the most painful "fake/practice" contractions I have ever felt.

AK_aries

Asked by AK_aries at 9:03 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The only thing I can think of that is not on your list is a warm shower (if you can steal time away from the other 3 to accomplish that...I know that's not always easy.) Honestly, I think the best thing you can do is exactly what you are...breathing through them. My theory is that BH are your uterus's way of warming up for the big job at hand...kind of like being in training. So why not take that opportunity to practice your relaxation techniques so that when the time DOES come, relaxing is second nature? Hang in there momma!
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 9:06 PM on May. 26, 2009

• if they're not going away with activity changes and still 10-15 minutes apart, you really might be in labor this time...i just hope not since you're only 35 weeks.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:21 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Anonymous