Can this hurt my baby?

I am 6 weeks long and i was helping my son after he fell and i kinda picked him up a little will that hurt the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no your fine
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:18 PM on May. 26, 2009

• You are fine. I carried my kids all through my pregnancies. Last time, between the two of them, I was carrying 40 pounds. Other then hurting my back, it wasn't a problem!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:20 PM on May. 26, 2009

• How large is your son? I'm about 8 weeks and I pick up my 19month old all the time. He is about 30lbs. My doc didn't say anything about restricting my lifting. If you are concerned I'd call the doc to double check but I think you should be fine as long as you don't strain yourself.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 9:21 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I'm 34 weeks and sometimes you just have to pick up your kids. I asked my dr and she said it is okay. My son is 30 pounds.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:25 PM on May. 26, 2009

• my daughter is about 28LBS and I'm 33 weeks pregnant and told not to pick her up or do any vaccuming or anything strenuous cause I already had a hemmorhage at 9 weeks that lasted till 18weeks from doing stuff like that. I now am at rish for preterm labor cause of some spotting that just started the other day but lasted only one day. I haven't had no problems since 18weeks now this.
    Anonymous

• I am having very light spotting right now but nothing major. My son is 50lbs
    Anonymous

• how big is your child? I picked up my SO's sisters kid all the time...she seems to always be falling down/tripping over something.. Shes two and id say like 30 poounds...I picked her up a few times after my due date...didnt do anything
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:15 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I was picking up full grown adults through both of my pregnancies. As long as you use proper lifting techniques you are fine to lift anything that you would lift if you weren't pregnant.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 10:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My dr told me not to lift anything over 15 pounds. She said because I had a c section the first pregnancy and now on my second with a large baby she doesn't want my uterus to start contracting since its a little weaker from the past section. You should be fine as long as your dr doesn't put any restrictions on you.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 10:44 PM on May. 26, 2009

• im 17 weeks and toss my 16month old nephew around all the time. people get on to me for it, cause he's about 30 pounds. but it doesn't hurt my abdomen or back at all and the doctor hasnt said anything against it
    Kara602

Answer by Kara602 at 1:17 PM on May. 27, 2009