Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can a person that owes child support go to college?

The father of my children owes child support from when I was on cashaid. Now, he wants to go to college but I heard that because he owes money he wouldnt qualify for financial aid. Is this true?


Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • you should definetly have him go to the college he wants and apply and ask the councelor. It's better to try! That's also really good that he's trying to go to school!

    Answer by babyangelromero at 4:16 AM on May. 30, 2009

  • I have never heard of that. The only reasons a person will be denied a federal student loan is if they have a felony drug conviction or they are in default on previous student loans.

    Answer by Magpie75 at 10:43 PM on May. 26, 2009