How many of you hide your smoking from hubby or any kind of family?

when i get stressed i smoke and hubby doesn't know. how many do that? My kids don't know tooooooooo??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I smoke all the time so it would be hard to hide it from family, but I do hide it from everyone else. I shower and put on fresh clothes after I have a cigarrette even if I already showered that day! It's getting old, though. I NEED to quit!
    Anonymous

• i dont like to smoke in front of my MIL she quit years ago and thinks I should she says you did it for 9 months just leave it alone but I cant lol

Anonymous

• I used to smoke. I quit almost 2 years ago...but, when I was a smoker, I would NEVER smoke in front of my parents. They knew I was a smoker, but never once did they actually see me smoke a cigarette. It was like some weird fear of getting caught which made no sense because I am an adult! I wish my SO would hide his smoking so I wouldn't have to smell it or deal with it...
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:20 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i hide it from my dad
    Anonymous

• We hide smoking from my MIL! My hubby doesn't feel like getting lectured about it, so he tells me we have to hide it. I'd rather just come out and tell her and get the lecture so I can smoke when she's here or we're visiting. She was here for a week(we live about 1000 miles apart) after I had my DD and I couldn't even smoke at my own house! I dont smoke inside, but I couldn't even go outside b/c she'd smell it! I just wanna come out and tell her-and I'm sure I will one day..Now i'm going to go have a cigarette =) lol
    Anonymous

• I smoke occasionally, like very stressful days. My husband knows but I do still hide it from my mom. I dont know why. I am 19,married, have a child, & havent lived with my mom for a long time but I still dont want her to know.
    Anonymous

• How could you hide being a smoker? I can smell a smoker a ways away or walking by. The smell is extreamly strong and would be hard to hide. I know I wouldn't want a family member to be a smoker......yuk. I am alergec to the smoke and get sick from it. I wish there was an easy way for people to quit so that less would get illnesses from it. Lost an uncle to cancer from it.
    Anonymous

• I was a secret smoker back when I smoked. I started when I was 17 so I hid it from the parents, then my hubby (bf at the time) knew but I told him I smoked a lot less than I actually did. He said he wouldn't marry me unless I quit, so my last smoke was at my bachelorette party.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:32 PM on May. 26, 2009

• lol I hide it from my mom everyday.. my sister smokes and our rooms are right next to each other so if she smells it on me then she just thinks i was in her room or out with my boyfriend who smokes.. but she would be po'd if she found out because I am pregnant but I have cut back from a pack to only 3 a day.. and after my baby is born I won't be smoking in the house anymore..
    Anonymous

• I smoked occasionally when I was in high school. My momddidn't know. I quit for 10 years and started up again 6 months ago. I finally broke down and told my mom. She said she didn't know and I did a very good job of hiding it from her. I guess it helps that I always smoke outside (kids don't know)or the fact that I smoke 4-6 a day.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:39 PM on May. 26, 2009