Is ADD the same as ODD

My DD doctor told me that my DD have ODD but think it may be ADD (will not know intil we test her) All I would like to know is it the same in the way they act

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 9:26 PM on May. 26, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• 2 totally diff things....look them up and research them so you are educated and informed when you go to the upcoming apts and tests
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:28 PM on May. 26, 2009

• ADD is attention defficite disorder
    ODD is oppositional defiant disorder

very differnt. attention span and defiance are not the same things. dealing with them are also not the same. i went to school for therapy.....please research it some
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:30 PM on May. 26, 2009

• They are totally different. When your dr does testing make sure he rules out food intolerance. Ask for RAST test food panel for IgG & IgE.

This test saved our son. We were told for several years that he had adhd & needed medication.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:32 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Definitely different. I probably have ADD (haven't gotten around to talking to a doctor about it but I have all the symptoms) and my 6yo might have it (she's being treated for seizures first to see if they are causing her issues). It is the completely inability to focus on anything. It is so annoying. No matter what I do or how much I want to do something after 10 minutes I have an absolute uncontrollable urge to get up and do something else. Drives me nuts.
    My oldest daughter in all likelihood has ODD. Her behavior is atrocious. She lies, ignores everything we say, tries to hurt her siblings...anything to get back at us for what she sees as us being mean to her. We treat her no different then our other kids but she throws a tantrum like a 2yo if we even suggest she has to clean up a mess she made. My 3yo is actually better behaved then she is.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:45 AM on May. 27, 2009