why is it unhealthy to lose 3 lbs a week? i don t get it if i'm working out and eating healthy??

dose any one think its ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Health

• Most consider it unhealthy because they think you must be starving yourself to get that way, and once you start eating again you will probably gain it right back. If you can still eat healthy foods until you're full and have snacks and still lose weight, then I'd say it's because your body naturally wants to dump the weight.
    My hubby, myself and my 11 yo son all changed our eating habits to cut out breads, rice, potatoes and pasta for two weeks. I lost 7 lbs, my son lost 9 lbs. and my hubby lost 4 lbs. (he cheated!). We all ate healthy foods: lean meats, steamed/fresh veggies, low fat cheese and milk, eggs and lots of water. We rarely felt hungry and if we did we munched on veggies. We feel more energy while losing the weight than we did before, and we're making lifetime dietary changes so the weight won't come back.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:35 PM on May. 26, 2009

• You would have to ask your doctor or a nutritonist. If is something with having the weight come off too fast. When I started Weight Watchers, I lost about 8 lbs the first week and then it tapered off to about 2 lbs a week. Weight loss needs to be done in a healthy way or you will just gain the weight back. And a weight loss of too much can affect your health and organs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:42 PM on May. 27, 2009