ok so i am kind of a young mom and i was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to kind of slow down and get out of the young mind set?

i like to go out and have fun but my mom keeps yelling at me because i take my son into the night air. I dont know how to slow down. i am getting kind of down on nyself thinking im a bad mom

joshym0m09

Asked by joshym0m09 at 9:42 PM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• It doesn't sound like your a bad mom if your asking for help and concerned for your child! :) Would love to be a friend/mentor. Would be happy to help out in any way. Was a very young Mom too.
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 9:50 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I was a young mom too. My dd's daddy has always been in bands and when she was a baby, as long as the venue was non-smoking, all ages, we'd take her with us. She had specially made earplugs through her drs office every couple months up to age 2. Things slowed down then as we were expecting our ds. She's 9yo now and very well-adjusted. I think as long as you are watching out for your son's safety, it's ok to go out.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:54 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Well I'm an old mom and still want to go out! Look, you're young, you can't just hang up life's shoes and say, "Okay, time to cower in the house for the next ten years." You still have to be you but do it responsibly. Explain to your Mom that although you love your baby and plan to be a great parent, you still occasionally want to participate in age appropriate things that interest you. She can't penalize you forever for becoming a young mom. Your kid will be great, don't worry about it. You are who you are! And anyway, people do it now or do it later. You might as well do it now and get it out of your system if possible.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:58 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Look as long as your not taking your baby to house parties and clubs or bars and getting drunk what the big deal, there is nothing wrong with wanting to stay out late and as long as your baby is safe and comfortable I see nothing wrong at all
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 10:36 PM on May. 26, 2009

• your not a bad mom , you just need to relize there is more on your plate now , i went thu the same thing when i was 17
    maybe limit going out nights down ya know .
    if you ever need to talk you can always message me .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:59 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Well, you'll naturally slow down if you have more kids later, so don't be so hard on yourself now. As long as your not going anywhere that puts your baby in a undesirable situation then you're not doing anything wrong. Just because you don't shut down at 8 o'clock doesn't mean your a bad mom, just that you are your own kind of mom. If you are concerned about it and would like to slow down then just make some rules and do the adult thing and stick to them. Choose a few nights a week that you like to go out, give yourself a decent curfew etc. You'll see what works for you and your baby and if you are a good mom you'll choose what is best for her and her schedule.
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 12:58 AM on May. 28, 2009