What do I need to do?

My period is always exactly 28 days from first day of cycle to first day of next cycle. I am almost a week late right now. I had my tubes tied 6 1/2 years ago. I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative. I'm not sure where to go from here? I don't have insurance so I can't really afford a doctor's visit. Plus, I start a new job tomorrow!

sparrowprincess

Asked by sparrowprincess at 9:44 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Health

• i would def wait another week or two. I had never skipped a period and a couple months ago i did. I was for sure i was preggo since i had never ever skipped, but....I wasnt.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 9:47 PM on May. 26, 2009

• do you have a health department or family planning center near you?? if so, they will do a blood test for you for little or no money usually if you don't have insurance, but the only thing is you have to be 4-6 weeks late before they will do it. also, it's not uncommon to be a little late if you are stressed.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:56 PM on May. 26, 2009

• well , not to be rude in anyway but how old are you? I ask because is it poss that you are in perimenopause? that is just like pre menopause and some moms can start in their late 20's. it could be stress or it could just be that your cyucle is changing as hormones change as we age. Docs wont worry until you have less than 4 periods a yr. I used to be very regular too, then I had 3 yrs where i had a period no more than every 3-=4 months and very lite. Now its back to heavy and every month. :o(
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:08 PM on May. 26, 2009

• That is completely normal. It is probably the stress of starting a new job.
    dhsredhead

Answer by dhsredhead at 1:50 AM on May. 27, 2009