Burris pleads on taped call for Senate appointment

This is a littl nutty. I read the whole hing and it sounds like a "I'll scratch your back if you scrtach mine" situation. Especially

"Tell Rod to keep me in mind for that seat, would ya?" Burris tells Robert Blagojevich, who headed his brother's campaign fund, in a Nov. 13 phone conversation secretly taped by the FBI. The remark came after Robert Blagojevich urged Burris to "keep me in mind and you know if you guys can just write checks that'd be fine, if we can't find a way for you to tie in." "Okay, okay, well we, we, I, I will personally do something, okay," Burris says.

and

We've had a number of conversations about, you know, anything you might be able to do," Robert Blagojevich says a moment later. Burris says he is concerned about how fundraising on his part would be viewed if he got the Senate seat. "And I'm trying to figure out how to deal with this and still be in the consideration for the appointment,"

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 9:52 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Makes me wonder who else in the inner circle of CHICAGO politics has something to say?! I'd be worried if I were "born" of that corrupt political machine! You would think it would be quite expensive trying to keep mouths shut. ::wink:: ::wink:: :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:19 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Burris says this shows his innocence....That's not what I hear. What about you?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:53 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Hmmmm, very tricky stuff. Could mean anything, but sounds fishy to me. So much has to do with the context. Could be that Burris was backing him off, or it could be that he's just less blatant than Blago.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:05 PM on May. 26, 2009

• They are all so corrupt, they think they can manipulate everything the way they want to and that we are all so dumb, that we will just accept it! We aren't and we don't but we have no voice, we are all completely ignored and their arrogance is really annoying...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:08 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Politicians out of Chicago are corrupt. We have one of them running the country cannot imagine what will happen when one of the people who knows his secrets secures a book deal. It always comes out. If people he knows start committing suicide like a few of the Clintons friends we will know something is up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on May. 27, 2009

• not surprised. Thats the way it works in Ill. Obama played the game and so do all the rest.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:07 PM on May. 27, 2009