Why do I wake up and my hand is sleeping?

I am 32 weeks pregnant and most nights I wake up from a deep sleep to find that only my hand has fallen asleep. I kept track on my sleeping posistion, my hand sleeps either if I'm on my side or my back. I just reposistion my arm and fall back asleep. Should I be concerned?

Ames826

Asked by Ames826 at 9:54 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my whole arm used to fall asleep...its no big deal its just the way your positioning your hand probably but if your really concerned about it you can ask your doctor about it...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:13 PM on May. 26, 2009

• ARE YOU SLEEPING ON YOUR SIDE? IF SO.. YOU'RE CUTTING OFF THE MAIN VEIN TO THAT ARM.. i USED TO DID IT A LOT WHEN i WAS PREGNANT.
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 9:57 PM on May. 26, 2009

• could be Carpel tunnel.
    I have it in both hands/ wrists and it started with that..
    does it hurt?
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 10:05 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I had pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome. Are you swollen at all, that can put pressure on that nerve. Get wrist braces, that helps some. If it is what I had, it goes away a few weeks after the baby is born.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:19 PM on May. 26, 2009

• im almost 9 weeks and mine does the same thing ... Also with my last baby my hand did the same thing also..
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:47 PM on May. 26, 2009