If you had a hysterectomy which type did you get and did the recovery take a long time? I need to get one and it seems I have 3-4 different types to choose from.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Health

• Ive worked surgery for 9 years now....and between a vaginal hys and a open hys....the vaginal takes way less recovery time. its much easier on you and you can go back to work sooner. I think its only a 2 week recovery..if its a open hyst....i think its 4-6 weeks of recovery. Anyway, Im not as sure about the recovery time...im only used to helping take them out!!!! but the vaginal is way easier to recover from!!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:19 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I had a a vaginal hysterectomy in 2006. I figured I had 2 babies that way so why get cut open at 44! My recovery was less than 3 weeks and I was back to work full time on light duty ie~ no heaving lifting etc. I had my uterus removed and kept my ovaries, the very worst part of the whole experience was waking up after surgery! other than that the good far outweighs the bad! No More periods!! So nice!!
    Diana44

Answer by Diana44 at 10:26 PM on May. 26, 2009