how do I stop my nine mnth old from sleeping with me

he is way to used to it and I cant get him to sleep in his crib.

1stimemommy01

Asked by 1stimemommy01 at 10:21 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try the book "The No-Cry Sleep Solution"
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:56 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Just start putting her to sleep in her own bed in her own room, you may have to start by letting her fall asleep with you then moving her after she fall asleep. We decided that our daughter would not be sleeping with us or in our room so after I could walk good enough after my c-section she was in her own room in her crib. Sometimes at G'mas house she puts her in bed with her if she can't get her back to sleep throughout the night and I get upset a little but I understand cuz she's in a whole different house so for now I let her do it! Good luck it's probably gonna take her a while to get used to it but be strong!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:01 PM on May. 26, 2009

• when my baby girl was born I always put her down in a bassinet by the bed. For the first4months this is how it was. I breastfed so if I had to wake up and feed, it usually ended with me falling asleep while she ate. And that part has become a habit that I have to stop since hubby is on his way home within the month.

I would say either start by putting him in a crib in your room or just put him in his own room and crib. Putting him there after he has fallen asleep could definitely help at first. But you are the only one who knows how much to let him fuss and such.

But I dont think you want to end up like a friend of mine who is just now putting her 2 and a half YEAR old in his own bed and room. Its not that I think it is wrong exactly, but I think it would take away from your marriage and what is supposed to happen in your bed as a part of that marriage. But then again, intimacy is very important to my husband and I.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 12:58 AM on May. 27, 2009