Question for Pagans

Why is it that you would want Christians to tolerate a diety that was known for having sex with young boys in puberty? And a goddess that was known for orgies? Examples: Zeus and Ostara. Our God loved children and threatened anyone that hurt them. Why would we tolerate such a god as yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• All you have to do is serve a real God, not one that likes raping boys.

Anonymous

• Cuz your god tolerates priests molesting little children...
    Anonymous

• Why should Pagans tolerate a religion such as yours which allows priests to rape boys against their will and only receive a slap on the hand if anything.
    Anonymous

• You are talking about catholisim. I am not Catholic. There is a difference. BTW if you read my post I said Jesus loves children and threatens those that HURT them, including priests. So come with a new come back.
    Anonymous

• a priest is a sinner not a diety. Romans 3 :23
    Anonymous

• No, you said your GOD loves children. Last time I checked, your god and the god of the catholics is the same person.
    We never said you had to worship or even like them. We just want to have you admit we have a right to worship whomever we want. And, even if you don't like it, oh well. We'll keep on worshipping our gods/desses.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:35 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Well considering that god comes off as an egocentric control freak that only cares about his status and being worshiped in the bible, I'd take an orgy any day.

"Our God loved children and threatened anyone that hurt them. Why would we tolerate such a god as yours?" BTW that is an oxymoron considering the words you always hear out of a Christian's mouth after a child's death is "well god just wanted his angel back". I'll definitely take sex at puberty over a blood thirsty child killing deity!

Anonymous

• did you read what anon said, we are talking about worshipping a person but a diety. A preist is a human being in danger of judgment for harming children. My God loves children , read Matthew 19:14. Priest that molest children are wolves in sheep clothing.
    Anonymous

• OP are you calling the Catholic religion a lie? Bc the last time I checked it's the same God.
    If you wish not to respect what we believe then so be it. Those whom hurt children come from ALL religious backgrounds (or claim of) so your statement also includes those who claim to follow you or your beliefs as well.
    So pointing fingers isn't going to get you brownie points with the man you say is sitting on clouds all day... sorry...
    We have just as much right as you or any other person of belief (even lack of) to honor/worship our Gods/desses or none at all...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:44 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Death of children are mainly caused be CARELESSNESS of THEIR MORONIC PARENTS or common illnesses not GOD.
    Anonymous