a medical question

I have a cyst on my left ovary, and my tubes tied. I have been having a lot of pain in my side and abdomen. I have had trouble with it before, so I know the pain it can cause. I have tried to get in with my dr, but can't seem to get an Appointment. If there is anyone out there who would know this I would appreciate some kind of answer. I son is 4 and even though my tubes are tied, can you still get pregnant, and if so are the symptoms of a tubal pregnancy about the same as a cyst on your ovaries?? Can you experience the same kind of pain??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Health

• go to the ER
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:34 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I would think the chances of you being pregnant are very slim. The cyst can definitely cause pain. I had a large cyst removed years ago that caused pain in my hip. You are probably having pain from a cyst or endometreosis.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 10:35 PM on May. 26, 2009

• there was a baby born in the tube who survived just a fyi
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• cysts can def cause pain....did you let the doctors office know the issue? thats not right for them to put you off. They should get you an appointment soon.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:40 PM on May. 26, 2009

• im not being rude....but whoever the person is trying to scare this mother with ovary pain...you arent helping.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:41 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Yeah, I think it is the cyst. If you were having a tubal pregnancy (which there is a very slim chance of anyway), you would be having bleeding and/or swelling with it. I have cysts myself and they sometimes feel like they are pulling my ovaries apart.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:55 AM on May. 27, 2009