horrble commercials, anything we cam do about it?

I rarely watch TV, serously and I just turned it on while my 2 yr old is sleeping and saw the scarriest commercisl for some movie! It scared me... imagine all the kids that could be up right now and may just happen to glance at the TV. Isn't there something we can do to get people to tone down these commercials???

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 10:34 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Entertainment

• I hate those commercials! I always switch channels when they come on. Unfortunately, I don't know what we can do about it, but once we figure a plan out, I'm there!.. Have you seen what is main stream television these days? It's mostly filthy.
    Court1284

Answer by Court1284 at 11:27 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I try so hard to monitor what my son watches, but I hate it when we go to a family friendly movie and then they show trailers for movies I would never dream of taking my son to see. It's maddening.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 12:38 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Probably the movie Drag me to H$%0.....I wouldn't mind watching that movie with my hubby and I don't mind if the commercial IF it appears after 9pm my kids watch dvd's or dvr programs if they happen to be having a sleepless night)I do have a problem when it's on before 9pm don't know any way to influence the commercials shown though.
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 2:22 AM on May. 27, 2009

• yes.. that was the commercial... they were showing it around 7:00pm and then one time during a basketball game! My son likes to watch basketball... and it was early in the evening, like 5:00 or something! It just sickening!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:01 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I hate that commercial, i told my DH I would be glad when they quit showing it but then I guess it would just be another one just has bad. I feel bad when my kids see it because it scares them. I try hard to monitor what they watch. I remember when the movie The strangers was out my daughter was so scared, she said she had nightmares from it.

bashfull_77

Answer by bashfull_77 at 1:13 PM on May. 27, 2009