Will this work?

Hi all, I am overdue and I really want to stay away from pitocin. My instructor for a child development class told me to try drinking a beer. Start with half and if it feels okay finish the one. I guess it would be equivalent to drinkning a glass of wine. Has anyone heard of this? I have tried pretty much everything!

-Walking
-Sex
-Nipple Stimulation
-Strawberries and Pineapple
-Spicy food
-Red Leaf Tea
-Acupuncture
-Accupressure
-Taking a bath
-Castor Oil
-Stripping the Membranes
....you name it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Probably not. What techinque did you use for nipple stimulation?

Have you tried Cumin Tea?
    Anonymous

• I dont think it will work...only because nothing else has...I was 41 weeks and the membrane stripping did it for me...your body will go when its ready..apperently mine was it just needed a little push haha maybe try getting them stripped again? Otherwise just keep walking if anything it will make delivery easier
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:15 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My first two pregnancies went past their due dates, and I tried all the old wives' tales. I don't really believe anything works.. I think it's completely up to your body. Extra pushes may help some people, but they didn't for me. I ended up being induced, but I understand you're trying to avoid that. I did read that after 42 weeks gestation, the placenta stops nourishing... But I'm no expert and your doctor knows best. :o)
    Court1284

Answer by Court1284 at 11:19 PM on May. 26, 2009

• dont do castor oil or beer thats bad for baby.
    Anonymous

• Your baby will come when they are ready. Those remedies above only help move things along quicker when you are already in VERY EARLY labor and don't know it. The placenta DOES NOT stop nourishing at 42 weeks. My girlfriend had 3 pregnancies and each one went over 42 weeks and all three babies were just fine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on May. 27, 2009