Has anyone ever got pregnant while using mirena?

I am just curious on really how effective it is

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think i am right now actually. ive had mirena for not quite a year. but the thing ive noticed with everyone i know who has it is that it gets moved easily when havin sex.
    i dont like it. ive been very moody and havin anger issues since ive been on it. ive heard alot of moms down mirena. GL
    Anonymous

• Yesterday i looked to see if its still there, and couldnt find it. Youre suppost to check every month after your period, and i still cant find it. Makes me wonder if i can get pregnant. I wouldnt be mad if i was, its just not a good time after the birth of newborn twins lol.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:14 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have it and love it...I have never had problems with it...This is the 2nd one I have had. I had one after my DD was born and now again after my DS....I didn't have any kind of mood swings or anything....The first time I had it for a little over a year and now it's been about 9 months...
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 11:17 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i personally didn't get pregnant on it, but i do know 2 women IRL who has! the only problem i had with it was i woke up one morning and was in the worst pain in life! same day i went to the ob/gyn's and found out i had a severe uterine infection and had to have removed immediately for my health and future fertility! I have since due to both of these situations have recommended women to NOT use it. JMO
    defiantpromises

Answer by defiantpromises at 11:18 PM on May. 26, 2009

• yes I know several people who have gotten pregnant with it either because it fell out, the doctor put it in crooked, or it just didn't work. id be very careful if i were you
    Anonymous

• I am sure it has happened before, its not 100% effective, as with any sort of BC, but I had it for 3 yrs before removing it and I liked it alot! After I have another baby, I will go right back on it.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:28 PM on May. 26, 2009