whats the best...?

Whats the best things to drink while pregnant...juice, if so what kind, water?

Asked by freshly.married at 11:01 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think water and milk. I stay away from juice cause of the sugar and calories.

• Water is the best thing you can do for you and your baby. You'll need more water than usual so drink to thirst.

Juice really isn't good for you. It's pure sugar and empty calories. You'll get more nutrition out of a whole piece of fruit rather than juice, even if it's 100% or no sugar added.

Milk is good as well but should be low fat or fat free unless your under weight and then your doc can advise you on what milk to drink.

Caffine free teas are also a good choice.

Avoid soda, caffinated tea and caffinated coffee.

• Water. I had to drink about a gallon and half a day. Most pregnant woman should drink about a gallon a day (thats what my doctor said)

Answer by vickwu at 11:10 PM on May. 26, 2009

• water for sure...milk....

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:10 PM on May. 26, 2009

• definetly water

Answer by emmalouwho at 11:14 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Gatorade.. It keeps you amniotic fluid levels high.. If they drop too low you could be hospitalized. I would alternate a water then gatorade..

Answer by iluvmymacita at 12:26 AM on May. 27, 2009