I keep skipping letters & numbers.

For the past week I've been forgetful I guess you could say. When I write something I tend to skip letters for example..."I woul wrie this" I'm a great speller and very much a perfectionist with writing so this is confusing me. When I tell someone how to spell something I am doing the same thing. Even with numbers I have been doing it. Ill go to write a phone number or read it to someone and I will totally skip some numbers and go on to the next. I never use to do this but maybe for the past week it started...am I going crazy lol

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:10 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• wow..interesting. Have you had any surgeries recently?
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 11:15 PM on May. 26, 2009

• nope.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:17 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Hopefully it's just a phase.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:32 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I would make an appt. with your doctor. You may need to see a neurologist.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:38 PM on May. 26, 2009

• yikes...okay.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• It's mommy brain. Get used to it. Your kids are smart, because they stole the brain cells from you. I have the same problem. Just because they are not inside you anymore, does not mean they can't keep stealing your brain cells. I wouldn't jump into the cat scanner just yet.... My Aunt, mother of 3 adults says once the kids are gone, you start getting your brain back, so there IS hope.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 11:43 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Sometimes you are thinking faster than you can write or type and this happens a lot.
    It is good that you proofread so you can catch your mistakes.
    I wouldn't worry unless you are slowing down, focusing, and still missing letters and numbers. Then I would advise you to seek advise from your physician.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:39 AM on May. 27, 2009

• You are thinking faster than you can write or type. Happens to me all the time, especially when I want to get a point across before I forget what I want to say.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:19 PM on May. 27, 2009

• You're getting older. We aren't as sharp as we used to be.

Welcome to the club.
    Anonymous