Will drinking a Beer be bad or help?

I added a post a second ago but wanted to rephrase my question. My instructor in my child develpoment class told me to drink A beer to induce labor. I am overdue and want to start labor without taking Pitocin. I figured it would be equivalent to drinking a glass of wine. Do you thin kit would do any harm regardless if it works or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your baby is already overdue...Its not like its going to make him/her deformed or anything...and if they said its ok I assume it should be fine. Id drink 1/2 (I read your other post and you mention they said start with half)
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:17 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Well alcohol can make your child sleepy which could cause him not to be as alert during delivery which can cause problems but since you are planning to try to induce labor with it the likelihood that it will be in his system still is very low.

I've never heard of this though and personally think it will be a waist of time. What evidence did he show you on the safety or the effectiveness of this?

Also remember that due dates are just guesses and that baby will come when HE'S ready.
    Anonymous

• I am just in alot of pain, I had an injury a week ago and separated my pubic area. I don't want pitocin because the doc said I would be in more pain than usual as is... :(
    Anonymous

• You just need to relax. Do this:

If you still can, fill a bath (not too warm) put some soothing music on, turn your phone off, don't let anyone bug you, and have either a beer or I heard you can have half a smirnoff mixed with sprite. Sip it and just relax. Then don't worry about being overdue or that nothing's happening. Just go to bed. Then once you get up walk if you can but I remember you said that you had an injury so I don't know :/ If you can walk make sure and walk fast with a purpose (getting that baby out haha).

I know it's silly but my water broke 2 weeks early with my first baby after having a cooked spicy sushi roll with wasabi. :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:37 PM on May. 26, 2009

• dont be stupid
    alchol is NEVER good for a child period
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Oh I'm supid? I think everyone should take advice from anonymous posters who can't spell instead of their own child birth instructors.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:47 PM on May. 27, 2009