What should I do, how should I take this?

Me, my son and my SO were hanging out every other day until this weekend. Fri. he stayed home to read and write, Sat. I had a horrible day but he wanted to stay home because he felt like he was going to be mean...that night he promised to come over and go with me to my family BBQ. When Sun. came, he started fighting with me and told me at the last min. that he wasn't going...we got into a big hurtful fight and he told me his happiness comes before mine. He didn't call yesterday. I called him tonight and everytime I asked him questions about us since I wasn't sure what we are right now, he would tell me "I will talk to you later" "I don't want to talk" "have a great night" he wouldn't even let me finish what I was saying and was doing it in a happy cocky way. I told him " I guess your done with me, I won't bother you anymore and he said ok, if that's what you think. He said he would call tonight but hasn't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• cont... he did say that he wasn't mad at me but he just didn't want to talk just because. He did say that he still wants to be with me.
    Anonymous

• I played those games til I realized how childish and stupid it was.....don't waste your time. A real man wouldn't put you through the misery and he knows you are waiting for him. I guarantee you are not a priority to him. Sorry to be blunt but just move on...don't play those games unless you like drama. Good Luck and really hope you find the courage to close that chapter.
    Anonymous

• If you want to put up with that childish bullcrap that's your choice. Personally I don't think it's worth it.
    Anonymous

• I agree. He's acting like a teenager and not a grown man. I'd say if it were me, I'd move on too. And I would NOT call him anymore. Your kids need to see a man treat you with respect.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:30 PM on May. 26, 2009

• sounds like you're both still in school to me....
    I can only assume this relationship is fairly new? If so, maybe the idea of girlfriend with a child is something to ease in to.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:43 PM on May. 26, 2009

• You might want to read the book or watch the movie He's Just Not That Into You. (Sorry, not bashing but it doesn't sound like he's a keeper)

Answer by admckenzie at 11:43 PM on May. 26, 2009

• We have been together off and on for two years. I have seen that movie and it really did make me think but then he plays these games where he doesn't want to be with me, he needs time, a month goes by, hes here for a week and it goes good, then he doesn't want to talk to me again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Sometiems when somone says they dont want to talk... it means that they don't want to talk right now. I would back off, and give him time. If I tell my husband taht I dont' want to talk... it usually jsut means taht I am stressed, agitated and want time to process and cool down. Perhaps he is liek that. My dh does that too. When he says he doesn't want to talk I back off and wait for him to bring it up. when he does, talks go smoother and things get resolved. But if I push, he usually jsut shuts down and pulls away emotionally and physically.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:15 AM on May. 27, 2009

• You don't need all that. If you don't live together yet than it's for the best to see this behavior now. He's not going to change and chances are he'll just keep on acting the way he is. Get out of the relationship, as painful as it may be. Your child doesn't need to see a grown man acting that way and you don't need to deal with all the emotional drama. That sucks, hon, I'm sorry he was being an ass.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:51 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Are you guys in High School? Because that sounds very much like a juvenile high school way to act! What an ass! I thank God every day that I have finally found a Man who doesn't play silly little games!! You need to do the same! It's not worth your emotional self esteem to be with him!!
    Diana44

Answer by Diana44 at 1:54 PM on May. 27, 2009