help rory has a bug bite!

ok so my daughter aurora has had this bug bite for the past two or three days and at first i didnt think much of it cuz you know kids get bug bites. well i checked it out this morning and it has a big red ring around it and it is hot to the touch and swollen and i tried to drain it and nothing came out. no blood no puss no nothing and she cried (because i was trying to get it to leak) and even before i did that she didnt want me touching it and would cry and say owie boo boo. but tonight the redness has gotten worse and it is starting to branch. please i need help. i am looking at pics of bug bites trying to figure out what it may be but its really gross. :(

nikki-blu

Asked by nikki-blu at 11:16 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hmmm. It could be a spider bite. My father in law got bitten by a spider a week or so ago, and it looks really bad. Different spiders have different looking bites and different effects on different people. I guess the only thing to do is to see what the doc says about it. . .
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 11:20 PM on May. 26, 2009

• It could be a spider bite, or she may have an allergy to mosqito bites like my son does.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 11:32 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I would take that kid to the dr tomorrow am. First thing. Do brown recluses live around you?
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:44 AM on May. 27, 2009

• it could be a cyst. i did the same thing thought it was a bug bite tried to drain it, then it got bigger, and i had to have it sugically drained. Do you live where there are deer ticks (lime disease)
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 12:48 AM on May. 27, 2009

• we ended up takeing her in tonight. (it got bigger) turns out it wasnt a bug bite is was an abcsess. :( the doctor had to cut into it to drain it it was gross. but rory did really well. i was so proud of her. thank you guys for all your help. she is on anti-biotics now and we just have to keep it bandaged and drained. just goes to show you....you cant be overly paranoid about your children. thanks again. :)
    nikki-blu

Answer by nikki-blu at 1:30 AM on May. 27, 2009