What is the "best" birth control?

I tried the pill, got pregnant because I forgot to take it. Tried nuva ring, it was just irritating when it came to the "intimate moments". Depo shot gives me migrains and makes me crabby. Implanon.... SO's co-worker had a bad reaction and had to go to the hospital, so I'm slightly scared of it. Mirena- not interested, I don't want the risk of an ectopic preg. I have no idea what I should use. Does anyone have any ideas? Oh and no tube tying, I want more kids later.

OwensMama824

Asked by OwensMama824 at 11:17 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• abstinence
    Anonymous

• No sex is the best form of birth control
    Anonymous

• Abstinence? HAHA....I have a Mirana...and I personally love it...someone else just asked about it....
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 11:18 PM on May. 26, 2009

• NFP (natural family planning) or FAM (fertility awareness method)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:19 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Id have to agree with the others....i know thats not the answer you wanted. There is no good answer for that tho
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 11:19 PM on May. 26, 2009

• whats a mirana?
    Anonymous

• Sorry guys but abstinence isn't going to happen. Just a little FYI I'm not sleepin around, I'm in a commited relationship. I just don't want more kids right now.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:22 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i have never had to use it :'( fertility problems. But i have heard good things about iuds. And its really not much work to track your cycle and see your fertile days.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 11:24 PM on May. 26, 2009

• patch? only one I didn't see on there...and you've ruled out most...

I'd have to say, maybe track when you're ovulating and don't have sex then, and use condoms and the pull out method...bout the best you're gonna get without using meds.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:26 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Well you're never going to be 100% guaranteed not to get pregnant if you're having sex regardless of the BC you're using so if all those don't work for you there aren't many other options
    Anonymous