Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my eyes are so heavy i just wan t to close them could this be due to medication i was told i have vitamin b defiency to

pleade help iv been like this 3 weeks

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Health

Answers (5)
  • Vit B deficeny usually means you have a problem in your intestines. You should go to your doctor and get checked out for Celiac disease, while you're there get tested for thyriod, anemia and blood sugar issues.

    All of these things lead to energy issues.

    Answer by TabathaM at 11:46 PM on May. 26, 2009

  • I agree with TabathaM.  

    My bloodwork for a routine physical 2 years ago showed I was low on vitamin B12 so my doctor told me to take 1200 micrograms a day (which I have been doing ever since).  She said it would help with my moods and fatigue.  And it did!

    After my physical this year I spoke to her about some other digestive problems I have been having and I was referred to a gastro-enterologist who did some tests and some more blood work.  My blood work tested positive for Celiac disease.  So now I am waiting for the results of another test to confirm the diagnosis.


    Answer by beeky at 8:10 AM on May. 27, 2009

  • Nutritional yeast is great way to get more Bs in your diet; sprinkle it on foods like parmesan cheese. I have a few great recipes, send me a message if you would like them.

    Answer by rkoloms at 11:22 AM on May. 27, 2009

  • Yes, you could be low on your B12. You can get a shot for this on a routine schedule with your doctor. Have you got any other symptoms that go along with it? I have been this way for many, many years, and was diagnosed this past year with fibromyalgia. It is also closely connected to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I'm getting help from my doctor, but it's a slow hit and miss process.
    Good luck. I know how miserable you are feeling...God Bless

    Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:03 PM on May. 27, 2009

  • I would get the blood work done and then if you want the natural approach message me.

    Answer by GarlicMom at 2:39 PM on May. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.