Am I doing the right thing??

So we have had a BAD relationship for well over 1 1/2 yrs. Things have been getting worse and worse. A few days ago it got really ugly. He pulled a gun out and put it in his mouth right in front of me, then took my cell phone away and disconnected the internet and told me that I wasn't aloud to contact anybody. I have been able to talk to my mom and she wants me and dd to come stay with her, 8 hours away. Is it right that I just leave and not tell S/O?? There are his other children involved, how is this going to affect them?? He has never actually put his hands on me before but now I am not so sure he wouldn't. You would leave??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Uh yes!!! Does his other children live with you? If not I would contact their BM and let her know the situation, sounds like he needs some help. I dont mean that in a bad way, Im being serious. Get your yourself and your child out of there. You are lucky to have a place to go, so many women dont and the worst happens. Be safe, I hope it works out!
    Anonymous

• I would call the police and tell them what happened. They will evaluate his mental stability (as should be since he actually put a gun in his mouth).
    His choices are his... if he's crazy enough to kill himself, he may be crazy enough to do it right after he kills all of you too.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:54 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I agree.... if he threatens his own life, how do you know next time he wont take you and the kids out first. He may have it in his head "hey I have nothing to lose now"... think about it!
    Anonymous

• You need to run quick, fast, and in a hurry. Do you want to be the next story on the news about a murder/suicide? Its no longer just about you, once you have a child that child is priority over you. So the next time you get a chance when he's not home pack your things and leave.
    ms.morris

Answer by ms.morris at 11:57 PM on May. 26, 2009

• if he has a gun it is way too easy for him to shoot it with this mindset you must leave for the kids sakes and yours but the KIDS come b4 anyone! Call the cops and get him 301ed to the psych. ward for an eval. that is where he will end up when his suicidal plan fails anyway and he is crippled or disfigured and still alive.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:03 AM on May. 27, 2009

• pulling out a gun is serious situation for u and the children involved..it is obviously not a healthy situation . if you leave to your moms will he be able to track you down? or are there any other close relatives he's not aware of where you could go? also if you do decide to leave you need to put a restraining order against him right away to protect you and your child. I agree with the first posting if the bio mom is in the pic get a hold of her..if not whatever you do..don't leave those kids behind for their safety.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:03 AM on May. 27, 2009

• get him 301ed without him knowing about it too call the cops and then act like you did nothing and let them surprise him
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:06 AM on May. 27, 2009

• he may just need psych. meds and you maybe saving his life?GET RID OF THE GUNS WHILE HE IS AWAY PLEASE IN THE PSYCH WARD!!!!

INFORM THE COPS AND HIDE UNTIL THEY GET HIM OUT IN THE AMBULANCE HE IS SICK RIGHT NOW AND NEEDS HELP!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:09 AM on May. 27, 2009

• 301- IS WHEN THEY FORCEFULLY TAKE SOMEONE FOR TREATMENT WITH YOU SAYING HE IS A DANGER TO HIMSELF OR OTHERS
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:11 AM on May. 27, 2009

• DO NOT HAVE A GUN IN YOUR HOUSE WITH THIS MAN EVER AGAIN! OR LEAVE!!!GET RID OF ALL SHARP KNIVES AS WELL AND DANGEROUS CHEMICALS ECT.,WHILE HE IS LOCKED IN THE HOSPITAL
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:13 AM on May. 27, 2009