What are some symptomes of night terrors??

My 5 1/2 month old just wakes up screaming as if something is hurting him and it scares me so bad. He seems to be still half asleep he doesn't stop breathing but just continues to cry as if being hurt. Can anyone help me out on this?

december_mami

Asked by december_mami at 12:03 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be gas? Is he fully burped before he goes to sleep? I think he's too young for night terrors but I could be wrong.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:05 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Night terrors start about 15months..my son is 16months and has them. You might want to take your son to the doctor he could have an ear infection, tummy aches, maybe something else. All is fine I'm sure...try a calmer bedtime routine a bath before bed or mommy singing...and yes burp him too.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:16 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Night terrors can start at any time. I had them from 8 months until about 16 months. Not every night though. Emi wakes up sometimes screaming for "no" reason. I have to turn the lights on and wake her all the way up for her to chill out. It's crazy. She's only 7.5 months and she's been doing this off and on since 4 months. I really don't think it's gas.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:39 AM on May. 27, 2009