Work At Home

Does anyone know of any legit work at home companies or even types of home party sales besides avon?

MoMosMommy439

Asked by MoMosMommy439 at 12:04 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes, did you know there are over 4000 Home based business and thousand's work from home jobs. I have posted this too help you in your search.

What to look for in a company if you are considering direct selling.

Getting started should not require a significant upfront investment. While you may need to purchase a starter kit or training materials, the cost should not put you in financial jeopardy.
    You should have the option to sell back unsold products if you quit. Businesses belonging to the Direct Selling Association are required to "buy back" unsold merchandise you bought in the previous year at 90% of what you paid. You should make money from your sales to consumers. Recruiting other sellers should not be the basis." The product or service should be something you would use even if you were not selling it.
    Source: Direct Selling Association

The company my husband and I chose is USANA. www.hilliard.usana.com
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 4:59 AM on May. 27, 2009

• There's a couple groups on here that are ALL about that stuff!
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 12:07 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I actually do sell Avon but I also sell for Usborne Books and More. Its a great company also! I host book fairs for schools, daycares, summer reading programs, libraries etc. I also do fundraisers and parties, Eshows, sell online etc. There are tons of ways to make money with both Avon and Usborne. Usborne is a ton of fun and lots of ways to make money quickly. You can sign up at www.ubah.com/u2688 look under "income opportunities" then click on "view specials" to see the May sign up special. Its a very good time to sign up! I'm actually entirely booked for the summer already! Good Luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:14 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I was in your shoes not too long ago and did tons of research on work from home companies, etc. Here is one article that I found very useful:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Work-At-Home-Call-Center-and-Customer-Service-Jobs

It's on the website called hubpages - you might have to register to access it but it is completely free of charge. Once you're "in", you can then do a search for your topic to come up with more articles.

I never found any type of home job that was right for me - either they are scams or they don't pay enough to make it worth your while.

Hope this helps. . .
    LauraShapiro

Answer by LauraShapiro at 12:33 AM on May. 27, 2009

• You really need to find something that you can be passionate about. Here are two options.

You can do at home parties with It Works! Help people lose inches with body wraps. The party host gets a free wrap and the guests pay for their wraps. The Customer Loyalty program allows customers to purchase at great prices with autoship.

Another option is Arbonne. Again party based selling skin care and weight loss products.
    Arbonne products are botanically based and they have something for the whole family. I personally love the products and so do my kids which is why I became a consultant.

If you would like to know more about either company please visit my Journal posts and/or send me a DM.

I would love to have you on my team.

Rebecca.

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:32 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I have a couple of thoughts. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business?I have a friend who make children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:12 AM on May. 27, 2009

• yes.Please visit http://www.workathomeunited.com/sbrement
    Tia23sb

Answer by Tia23sb at 7:34 AM on May. 27, 2009

• You have to be passionate about what you do. I am an independent distributor with Scent Sations. I sell all natural candles, bath and body products and starting June 1st Mineral Makeup. I love what I do and don't look at it as working. You can check out my website and let me know if you have any interest. www.HomeAtMiaBella.com
    Good luck in your search

Kari
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 7:52 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Have you considered Tupperware?? I've been with them almost 3 years and they have been around for over 60. I love everything Tupperware offers. my2.tupperware.com/amyroca let me know what you think. I'm happy to answer all of your questions. GOOD LUCK on your search. I know it's not always easy to find what you are looking for.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 7:58 AM on May. 27, 2009

• http://www.cashle.com/index.php?ref=cindyk1982

This site is FREE, REAL and LEGIT! In less then ONE hour I made $77.79 in which I cashed out on Monday to my paypal. Cash Outs are EVERYDAY so if you are the type needing money everyday, this site is for YOU! There is no minimums to meet either!

SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 8:28 AM on May. 27, 2009