Why are my friends so mean to me?

I feel like I'm a good, honest friend and I'm always kind and excited for them, but when something good happens to me nobody is really excited or happy for me. For example: I just bought a house! I wasn't bragging about it, I just shared the news and they weren't happy for me at all. Why do YOU think they are like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I understand where you're coming from. Some people like people to be there for only them and not have to reciprocate. I know. Or they just might be jealous. If things are going great for you, and not so good for them, they're probably jealous. They still should be excited for you! Thats whats friends are for!!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:19 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Are they jealous? They sound disrespectful. Are you sure you want to keep them as friends? I am happy for you! Buying a home is a huge deal. Congratulations!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:12 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I really don't understand this. My friends are like family to me, when one laughs the other one laughs when one cries the other one cries.Sounds to me that you should re think your friendships. Or maybe that is just their nature.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:13 AM on May. 27, 2009

• congratulations on buying a house I'm happy for you.We are thinking about buying right now too. Your friends are not friends if they are not supporting you and being there for you. Envious perhaps.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:14 AM on May. 27, 2009

• congrats! and are you sure you aren't bragging? I have friends that tell me things, and although I feel bad, I also feel like I'm sick of hearing about how much they have or how great everything is for them. Idk what else it would be. maybe they have a lot going on in their lives as well? who knows, maybe they are just mean and you need better friends!?
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:15 AM on May. 27, 2009

• maybe they are in harder times
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:16 AM on May. 27, 2009

• That's what I was thinking. I hate to think that they are jealous, we worked really hard to put ourselves in this position. Thanks for the congrats as needy as it sounds I really needed to hear them so thanks again.

Good luck bugsmommy-we were going to wait until next year, but we couldn't pass up that $8,000.00 tax credit and the low interest rates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on May. 27, 2009

• dbodani I'm positive I wasn't bragging. They all have houses and knew we were thinking about buying so when I signed the paperwork I told them. And really even if I wanted to brag they didn't give me a chance. One friend asked me how big it was so I told her it was 2600 sq ft(thats all I said) and she told me that was too big of a house and sounds like it would take forever to clean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I'm the opposite. My neighbors daughters who I helped through the tough times because her parents were really naive and they would come to me to ask "an American ladies" opinion.....Those girls have blossomed and have more then I have! lol. The 2nd to the oldest just drove by in her new car and I am the one who went over all excited and hugged her and I said "Look at you girl! and here I am still riding my hoopty" she actually thanked me for helping her with her essays in college and I just feel happy that they didn't stay on the wrong path. Women can be catty when they feel like they are not getting what they THINK they deserve when they want it. I think it is wonderful that you and your hubby worked so hard to accomplish the american dream. Now surround yourself with people that really love you and are happy for you.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:27 AM on May. 27, 2009

• That is just totally uncalled for to say the house is too big and would take forever to clean. I think they are jealous. Ah...it's not on you, let it go. One day they'll grow up or you'll move on.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:29 AM on May. 27, 2009