When do you know if God is saying no?

I expected more doors to be opened by now. I expected to be doing better? I want fewer people to say no and more people to say yes... or at least to be open. I'm doing better than I was, but not as well as I would like to be doing. How can I tell if God is saying "No, go do something else? "

PA2B

Asked by PA2B at 12:30 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You can't see the view if you don't climb the mountain!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:43 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I have the same exact question, like you read my thoughts! I think God gives us choice and its up to us to trust in him to follow the paths we choose. I wonder why I have no luck and all seems downhill but I just remind myself that Jesus is there and life could be so much harder. Tell yourself that Jesus is giving your good to someone who is more deserving and in need of it.....he will give sooner or later.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:36 AM on May. 27, 2009

• when you're prayers aren't being answered, then that means he doesn't want you too. or you just have to wait a long while before a door is opened. just remember that God's time is not our time so while you're being impatient and think the doors should be open now, he may be working on something right now for the doors to be open later on, when you least expect it.
    The best thing to do though is just to keep praying and asking him. he'll give you an answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I'll tell you a story.

My hubby and I had been married many years and didn't want any children.

Then, nearing my 35th birthday, I realized I had the proverbial "biological clock ticking" syndrome!

I was so glad when I found out my hubby also wanted a baby. So we tried. For five years we tried. I prayed and prayed.

Nearing my 40th birthday, I knew if I didn't get pregnant by then, it wasn't meant to be. I knew the instances of malformation of a baby and other defects skyrocket after 40, and didn't want to risk it. I told God that if I didn't become pregnant by my 40th, I would stop trying and assume it was His will I wasn't supposed to be a mom...

I became pregnant about four months before my 40th. He is healthy and I am grateful to God for him.

Moral of the story,

Decide on a deadline to success and if you don't make it, have a back-up plan.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:43 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Sometimes he just says "wait."

All things happen in his time.

I've found that sometimes I don't really know what the answer is (usually because the answer wasn't what I expected or what I was looking for it to be) but in hindsight it's always SO clear.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:17 AM on May. 27, 2009

• He just told me to wait on a certain thing tonight. I was going to make a huge decision that can prove to be costly to a friendship and I ran across an article that I am pretty sure it was God talking to me and I realized that I needed to wait and not act immature or premature on this.

I tell you this because sometimes God wants us to wait. He will not necessarily say yes or no but often wait. Rest in Him knowing that he is in control and has all things in His hands. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:28 AM on May. 27, 2009

• funny before i read your comment and i said to myself when the doors keep closing upon you...and then i read your comment and the first thing you mention is doors. God gives and he takes away. Sometimes he withholds because he is saving your from something or it's not time yet or he wants you to move on to something else. for instance both my hubby and i are looking for work in our fields.. neither of us can find work in it..it's been a couple of years.. so we do other things and now we are beginning to think that perhaps it's time to make hijrah, going to the land of the muslims. we are trying to figure it out. the main thing is to rely on God.

Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:23 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Just keep praying once in a while as a reminder ,and wait your turn it will come .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I know it's hard, but when things seem their bleakest, I try to find SOMETHING positive in the middle of it all. And if I can't, then I ask someone (usually my mom, because my DH can be too preachy sometimes) and they are more than willing to point out that it's not so bad. I'm assuming that you're upset about your home business - think of it this way. If you were busier like you want to be, you wouldn't have nearly as much time to spend with your kids. I know I'll probably sound like a broken record, but remember, when God closes a door, He always opens a window. That window can be hard to find sometimes, but it's always worth the journey it took to get there.

Hang in there!
    wismom

Answer by wismom at 10:40 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I know how you feel. It's possible he may be telling you to let go and let him take over 100%. Or you may be right, and he may be telling you it's not your calling. Pray for a sign - ask him what it is he wants you to do - what your purpose is. He may be showing you now and you're just not seeing it yet.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:33 AM on May. 27, 2009