Why is autism getting worse/ more cases?

BECAUSE EVERYONE IS OBSESSED WITH IT! Atleast that's my opinion. And maybe because parents don't pay attention to their kids. I know autism is a real disorder, so I'm not trying to bash anyone with an autistic kid. OH maybe because the population is so huge? Think about it. Lets say 1 out of 10 teens are lazy, that's 100 to 1000. If the population doubles so does the lazy teen problem. It's not the vaccines.

I would appreciate other people's opinions.

P.S. I know what I'm saying is contradicting, I don't have just one opinion on it. There are a lot of options/reasons that I think could be causing it.

Sorry again, I'm REALLY not trying to make people mad, I just want some opinions( other than vaccines)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you child lines up their toys while playing, do you consider them autistic? No. Take them to ten doctors, and atleast one will say yes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I honestly think it is environmental. The area I live in has large amounts of cancer and MS. Ten years ago there were not 3/4 of the MS that there is here now. And cancer has gone thru the roof
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:40 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I am not sure if there are actually MORE cases of autism than there have been in previous years. There are SOOO many different types and forms of autism and the technology and research on it has just recently become developed enough to be able to diagnose most of these types so quite possibly there could have been just as many cases in previous generations that went undiagnosed. I however am one of those people who are not ruling out newer vaccines as possible causes of autism, nor am I ruling out the sheer amounts of fast food and garbage people eat these days as possibly having something to do with it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:41 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Where's your evidence?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Aren't they saying it has to do with the mercury in the vaccines?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:42 AM on May. 27, 2009

• No evidence. Just asking for opinions and ideas here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Ron-there's no mercury in vaccines any more
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I don't think it's the mercury. Our grandparents used to play with that stuff like play dough. If it's that then why aren't they all autistic?
    Anonymous

• What chemical is it that is supposed to be having the effect then. Or they are claiming anyway.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:45 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I cannot ignore the evidence pointed toward vaccines....I have done a TON of research and am not going to set examples here, everyone should do their own research. But there is a LOAD of money to be made by pharm companies that create vaccines. You have to look back historically and then see who owns the big companies....where is the money. YOu'd think the government was trying to keep us safe by mandating vaccines but I just do not think it's so...always be responsible for yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on May. 27, 2009