I just had a baby through c-section 7 weeks ago, what is the likelyhood that I could get pregnant again right now???

NewMommyInTown

Asked by NewMommyInTown at 12:53 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You're trying to get pregnant already?!? Good luck to you. If you're activly trying, there is always a chance. I didn't have a c-section, but don't they recommend waiting a certain ammount of time before trying again?
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 12:59 AM on May. 27, 2009

• A woman in her post-natal period can get pregnant as soon as she ovulates which can be anywhere from 4 weeks p-n on. Since you don't know when you're ovulating after pregnancy and it can occur at any time, it's best to use birth control right away.

If you're breastfeeding, there's no guarantee that ovulation will be suspended, and I would recommend a birth control safe for breastfeeding mothers or condoms.

If you're not breastfeeding, you should resume your period about 7-9 weeks after the birth of your baby, but these numbers aren't solid.

If you're TTC, it's usually recommended that you wait a year after a vaginal delivery and about 18 months after a c-section to reduce the risk of complications of the pregnancy including miscarriage.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 1:03 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Do not get pregnant yet! Your body is NOT ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on May. 27, 2009

• If you are having a period you can get pregnant. I matters very little how your first baby was born.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:48 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I was told by my OB that the first six weeks after birth you were extremely fertile. Are you trying to get pregnant or just worried that maybe you could?
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 3:10 AM on May. 27, 2009