is it a guy thing?

every want to do something or go somewhere without your dh/SO and you tell/ask them about it and they give you the "pitty party" saying "oh well i guess you can" in that depressing tone that lets you know he's just saying that but he really doesn't want you to, and then when you say "are you sure" and he says " i guess" and you get all excited and then they get mad at you cuz you're actually gonna do it/go? is that a guy thing or something? cuz it's really aggrivating and it pisses me off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's not a guy thing, it's passive aggressive and it sounds like your DH/SO needs to be told that.

Either that or teach him a lesson and the next time he says "I guess you can", say "Thanks!" and go do it! It's game playing and it won't help your relationship if he keeps it up.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:38 AM on May. 27, 2009

• It's a guy thing, mine can be the same way.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:57 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree with Aurora, it is passive agressive behavior and not a cutesy guy thing. Women seem to think it is sweet when a guy gets jealous and it's not. I guess if it works on you then he is happy and you don't get to do what you want. It is not a guy thing it is a psychological thing.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:03 AM on May. 27, 2009

• never said it works on me. lol. it's just annoying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on May. 27, 2009