Is my wedding ring/diamond mine to sell if I want to do so?

I am trying to separate from my abusive husband - verbally and emotionally and extremely controllong and "scary"...NOT physical - yet!
I need to move on. Also, we are in the final stage of forclosure and need to be out in one week --- he refuses to get a job and we have a 340,000.00 home he has neglected to upkeep!
So much more to the story, but.......does anyone have a true answer to my question of --- is my jewelry, given to me as a gift,,,,I'd say,,,,Legally mine to sell if I care to?
Thanks!...tink

jdtink

Asked by jdtink at 2:02 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• To answer your question, yes it's legally yours and if you want to sell it you can. Do what you have to do to move on and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Stay strong.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:35 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I sold my first engagement set. I am not sure if it technically is legally yours to sell though. I think so, as did my mother and sisters. Hell even my ex's mom thought it was. But my ex said that it wasn't mine to make that decision. That may have been him being bitter, but I am not sure.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:09 AM on May. 27, 2009