what is Amniotic fluid?????

is it a sign of your water breaking and how much????

mama749

Asked by mama749 at 2:43 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• amniotic fluid is the water breaking! It's what ur bby "swims" in before they arrive ;)
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 2:56 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Amniotic Fluid is the fluid that surrounds your baby and eventually becomes what ..(ok i know this is going to be gross but this is what I was told by my birthing center in my hospital) ... the baby will pee in and also swallow. Apparently when the baby swallows it, it helps control the amount of amniotic fluid and a lot believe that at this point the baby can already feel "thirsty". Now personally I am not sure about all of that but the drinking I am sure of because if you think, the baby is in this fluid and you know they yawn while they are in there and suck their thumbs, they do have to intake some of it at those points and time. And the urinating into the fluid would also make sense once the 'parts' are in place and functioning because they have to be able to release the things they intake that their body don't use like the amniotic fluid.
    Aphrodite108

Answer by Aphrodite108 at 8:55 AM on May. 27, 2009