What would you think?

A co-worker is really close with the supervisor, she seems to desire my job and makes attempts to supercede me and even boss me although I am the manager and "boss". My "boss" seems to suddenly be dissatisfied with me and wanting to get rid of me. I don't so much mind as both these ladies are christian women. If it is meant for her to have my job then who am I to stand in the Lord's way? On the other hand is this a test for me? This occurred almost identical a few years ago. I quit thinking the same way. The business closed down ONE week after I quit and did not open for another 2 years! Now I don't think I am "great" but rather a lesson for my supervisor I believe. We are now faced with the same thing and like before she seems determined that I am no longer right for the job. The co-worker is following the owners lead and really seem intent on my job. What do you all think? What would you do? And by all means PRAY.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think this kind of behavior is acceptable just because both are "christian" people. Does belief in god give you permission to SCREW your fellow human over for a stupid job? Not in my book. What's going to happen is going to happen. If the situation is making you tense or uncertain start searching for a way out. But first, speak to your boss and make sure you are interpreting things correctly.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:21 PM on May. 27, 2009

• When similar things happen to us, the one thing they have in common is us. We are the thing that is common with any situation. Meaning, all you can do is do your best. You can't decide for your superiors if you are right for your current position but you can keep doing a good job. Maybe sit down with your boss one on one.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:01 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I would talk to your boss. Ask her if there are any problems. If there are, you can talk them out. If there aren't, then you know it was nothing. If you like your job and want to keep it, you should be able towork it out.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:14 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I would sit down with my boss and see his thoughts on how I am doing with my job. Ask him for suggestions on how you can improve. Then I would sit down with your coworker and see what's really going on there, just to clear the air.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 4:01 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Have you spoken with someone in the Human Resources department?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:15 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I would sit down and talk to your boss and find out why she thinks that.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:47 AM on May. 27, 2009

• this is not fair!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:26 PM on May. 27, 2009

• If I were you... I would look back at myself and see where the problem lays. One time things.. sometimes we can overlook things we may have done wrong. When they happen twice.. we have to look to ourselfs and find where the problems are and work on fixing them. I notice you are putting most of this on the other co worker for brown nosing. well perhaps she has a point.. perhaps she is better in your supervisors eyes... your job now.. is to see why he is over looking you, and looking at someone lower, to possibly take your position. What is it, that you are lacking, that this other person has? That's where your sign is... that that's where you need to put most of your effort right now, if you plan on keeping your job.. .or any future jobs.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:44 PM on May. 27, 2009