Is there ever a Right Time to TTC

I am wondering if there ever a right time to TTC. I have two boys now 4 & 2 and I would like to start soon. I am in school for Nursing LPN... I work as aCNA and he do warehouse work.

Should I be waiting to TTC #3? I was planning to go off my birth control next week,(with him knowing) and start. I feel overwhelmed now because I feel like Maybe, it's not the right time." Then my husband says,"There Never a Right Time" Things are always going to happen & this recession is still going to be here.
Our House in paid for, we take very good care of our boys & we pay our bills on time etc. We do have two car payments for our SUV and that about it. Am I selfish? I really want to complete our family with a baby girl and have started the girl diet I hear so much about.
Am I maybe a little bit wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Honey, if you want to complete your family and try for a girl, go right ahead. No one can tell you that you are wrong for wanting to add to your family. Your husband is right, I don't believe there is ever a "right time." What we may see as financially stable now, may end tomorrow... When I got prego with number 2, we both had jobs, we have now split up and I'm living with my mom again with my toddler girl... What happens happens. Go for it!! Good luck :)
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 3:03 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree, if you wait your children will just be farther apart in age. If you are both in agreement then it is the perfect time. Good Luck.
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 3:26 AM on May. 27, 2009

• There never will be a "perfect" time to ttc. Something is always gonna come up and make you think "what if". If you and your husband are ready for #3 then that is all that matters. Good luck!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:38 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree! There is never a "right time". I hear people say that they are waiting to have kids until they can afford it but the funny thing is if they wait until they can they'll never have kids. Do what feels right to you. There will be adjusting to it but that's with everything. If you guys want another child, don't wait. Congratulations and baby dust to you!! I hope you get your girl :)
    Tis2657

Answer by Tis2657 at 8:45 AM on May. 27, 2009

• The best time is around 2:37 pm. Good luck.

BTW 'girl diet?' WTH????????????? Don't fall for stuff like that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree there's never a perfect time to have a baby! Things just fall into place either way, or you figure it out. Sounds like you have a good setup having house paid off etc. I would say as long as your hubby is on board go for it!!
    The ecomony and everything else will get better with time, but it's no reason to stop going for our dreams. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:31 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree that there is never a right time. That said if you aren't ready, don't do it.
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 11:50 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I am kind of in the same boat, I dont have any financial worries and yet I wonder if its the right time to go for our 2nd one since our first is 2 yr old. I imagine the additional stress, the hectic life with a new baby and wonder if I can manage everything with my demanding 2yr old, but then I guess you are never completely ready, you always have doubts. A part of me wants another baby so bad and part of me tells me I should wait.
    Anonymous