Sons and daughters

Your son fathers a child. That is good, but do you feel as connected to that child as you do to your daughters child? The child grew inside YOUR daughter, the son's child did not.

mrssullivan

Asked by mrssullivan at 4:04 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is a good question but can on;y answer from the experience I have. My daughter just gave birth to my third grandchild. My son has adopted his SO s two sons. I have adopted them, as well and it's funny, but I love them JUST AS MUCH as my natural granchildren, because I love and have adopted their mom. She is just like one of my daughters. Strange, i know, but when I adopt someone, it's like they are grafted in and just like blood. I will probably love all my grandchildren the same no matter if they are a son's child or a daughter's child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on May. 27, 2009

• That is my answer up there and I meant to edit it for misspellings and hit the anon button by accident, so I couldn't delete and start over!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 4:18 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I don't know how I would feel, my kids are young and I only have boys.

I can say that my MIL treats her daughter's kids and her son's kids totally different. She claims her son (my husband) is a "momma's boy" (not true) and that he will always be her baby. (ICK) Yet she moved out of state to be with her daughter and grandkids and us....she hasn't seen these boys since the youngest was 5 weeks old and he's 2 1/2 years now. She never calls just to see how the boys are, sends cards but they're always late (other grandkids get theirs on time) and honestly has no clue what goes on with any of the family around here.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:58 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Yes, I definitely would feel connected. My take is that it's not about the belly, it's about the DNA. I will live on through my seeds and any other child that I take under my wing.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 9:32 AM on May. 27, 2009