Am i doing the right thing

ive been married for a little over two years, and things have been going down hill for several months. Im not happy in the relationship, but he is. i can tell that things are diffrent between us, and im not sure what to do.recently ive aked him for sum time to think about what i want, and now that were not together im my old self again (allways happy and smileing). i feel bad cuz he want to be with me but the love is gone, atleast on my part ne ways.im allways going to have love for him, im just not in love with him.ive tryed to talk things over with him, and it neverworks. he allways turns it around into i want to date other guys ( when thats the FURTHEST thing from my mind )what should i do do i stay in a marrage that im not happy in, just to keep him from doing sumthing stupid. or should i just leave things the way they are, and ask for a devorce? can sumone PLEASE HELP =[

beautifulmomie

Asked by beautifulmomie at 4:05 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I am in the same situation, only I have been married 20 yrs. I have decided that for once I can put my needs first, I have never done that in my life before. But you have to think about your future, and whats best for you. As Moms we tend to put our needs last, and again your thinking about what your husband wants not what will be best for your you. Don't let him push your buttons, Deside what you want and go with that. Good Luck.
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 4:14 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Either you want to try to make this marriage work or you don't. If you do (and I think that you do, or you would not have posted this), then you and your spouse must start couple counseling immediately, either with a clergy person or a therapist; you need to learn or relearn how to communicate with each other.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:02 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Being "in love" is a myth. It's based on warm fuzzy feelings and physical attraction. Love is about committment, which is what you did when you married your husband. It really is nothing more than a choice. Happiness is also a choice. Marriage is not easy. You have to work at it. "Happily ever after" happens only in fairy tales. Love is also a lot more about giving than it is about getting. My guess is your husband has already learned that fact. That's why he's hanging on for dear life. If you are wise, you will go back to him and you will learn how to love this man the way he loves you. You chose him, and he chose you. What is so sad today is that young women have not been taught how to love their husbands and they think when the initial infatuation fades, they are no longer "in love." Happiness is at your fingertips. All you have to do is get back to your husband, and claim it. If you need help, ask for it!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:53 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Who knows....but maybe you should invest in a middle school English book to work on that grammar.

Sumone?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on May. 27, 2009

• WISE RESPONSE!

Being "in love" is a myth. It's based on warm fuzzy feelings and physical attraction. Love is about committment, which is what you did when you married your husband. It really is nothing more than a choice. Happiness is also a choice. Marriage is not easy. You have to work at it. "Happily ever after" happens only in fairy tales. Love is also a lot more about giving than it is about getting. My guess is your husband has already learned that fact. That's why he's hanging on for dear life. If you are wise, you will go back to him and you will learn how to love this man the way he loves you. You chose him, and he chose you. What is so sad today is that young women have not been taught how to love their husbands and they think when the initial infatuation fades, they are no longer "in love." Happiness is at your fingertips. All you have to do is get back to your husband, and claim it. If you need help, ask for i
    Anonymous