Would you outlaw other religions?

For those of you who believe we should base laws on the Bible, such as the banning of gay marriage, would you also be happy to see religions such as Paganism and Islam banned?

I suppose this question could also be posed to people of non-Christian faiths. Would you outlaw Christianity?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think any religion should be outlawed unless it creates a victim. And no hurt feelings don't count as victims. If a religion inflicts on another persons or animals rights, than I could see a need to restrict their activity (if not outlaw it).
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 4:29 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I believe this matter is more about acceptance. People are so resistance that they look on any excuse to prevent the gay revolution to happen. I do believe that gay should have the same rights are non-gay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 AM on May. 27, 2009

• bow downvery well put jcsscfam5. I agree completely

gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 6:06 AM on May. 27, 2009

• As a Pagan, I do not see why other faiths should be outlawed. I just seek the freedom to worship as I please (without hurting anyone). I want to not be force to pray to anyone else's God. I am a big fan of the 1st amendment.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 7:26 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Nope. It doesn't work anyway. Throughout history, every religion has been outlawed at some point, somewhere. They're all still here.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:48 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I would outlaw ALL religion because I see it not as the solution but as the problem. I think the world would be a better place without it.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:05 AM on May. 27, 2009

• No.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:30 AM on May. 27, 2009

• What we choose to believe is our business, not the government's.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:48 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Outlawing amy religion or all of tem would create more problems then it would fix. There are people out there who do not commit crimes because they feel a religious obligation not to do so. I feel a moral obligation not to do so, and most would say that is the same thing, but it's not that way for everyone. And, there are only certain practices of certain religions that I think should be restricted (i.e. a practice that harms another living being). And the laws should not be based on what the bible says. By some interpretations, a woman should always do what a man tells her. And how do you all think that would work out?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:37 AM on May. 27, 2009

• no i dont think so.
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:41 AM on May. 27, 2009