How can I get over it ????

Hi everybody ,
I am 21 years old an 8 months pregnant with my first a baby girl , the father just ran off to return to his x from 6yrs ago and 3 other children I am in the deepest pool of emotion I have ever experienced this was the last thing I ever expected from him. I know theres someone on here i can relate to, can someone give me some advise other than just saying forget him or get over it ? im young im alone he was my life and now i just feel like im going to cry forever :'( saddend sickened Mo girl :(

Ashleynicol1988

Asked by Ashleynicol1988 at 4:33 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was in a situation like this, although he and I lost the child we conceived together, it was very unfortunate and I believe that is why he and I grew apart. We've been split for 4 years now, we live in a small town w/mutual friends, both married with children but I still haven't fully gotten over him, and I'll always have a place in my heart for him. Everytime I look at my son or think about my daughter that I am pregnant with I think about the son he and I had, it's something I can't let go and with you having his child, you obviously will not be able to 'let go' but do you still want him in the babies life? Is he willing to be his/her father, your child doesn't deserve a part-time daddy (like whenever he feels like it) so if he doesn't want to help raise him/her I would file for child support, atleast he'd help that way. Good luck sweetie!
    LCmommyof2

Answer by LCmommyof2 at 5:12 AM on May. 27, 2009

• It will just take time. Focus instead on how you'll take care of yourself and the baby. For me, it makes it easier to have as little to do with each other as possible.
    I had my oldest son at 16 and did it alone, along with help from friends and family. You can do this.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 6:04 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I don't what advice I can really give you but I as well believe you need to focus on yourself and your baby at the moment. I wish the best to you and weather or not he will be in the childs life you will find a man that will be and who will be good to you and your soon to be baby girl.
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 9:33 AM on May. 27, 2009

• It all needs to be about you and the child. Do what is right for you both. Don't depend on him. I was 19 and alone. Later he came back to me, but I knew that's not how I wanted to live wondering if it was just for now. I never married him. I found a great guy that I never need to worry about. I did keep my baby. I do have a friend that thought it would end up the same way. She kept the baby and she has lots of regrets. Just do what's right for you. If you can't care for this little one there are pently of loving families that can. It is hard either way. Say a prayer and listen.
    cutzdahair

Answer by cutzdahair at 11:46 AM on May. 27, 2009

• same here i just decided that if he is going to be immature and irresponsible i would rather raise our child alone dont speak to him for a while see how it feels i stilll feel alone but its better than being sad and mad all the time
    cheny

Answer by cheny at 3:51 PM on May. 27, 2009

• :( thanks everyone
    Ashleynicol1988

Answer by Ashleynicol1988 at 4:24 PM on May. 27, 2009