Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pergonal Fertility Drug

Me and my husband have already had one child but are looking to concieve twins. I've read about Pergonal, but was wondering if i would have to see a doctor for that or can i just buy it from somewhere? Is there another drug recommended for concieving twins?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

Answers (2)
  • Yes, you need a doctor's prescription for Pergonal or any other medication. Use of the meds does not guarantee twins. Finding an illegal source and using it unmonitored by a doctor can significantly increase your chances of higher order multiples (think Octo-Mom). Don't play games with your life and the life of any future children. Go to a fertility doctor or let nature decide. Conceiving twins is not like buying a multi-pack of shampoo at Walmart.

    Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:12 AM on May. 27, 2009

  • You need a prescription and a good doctor. Fertility drugs like Pergonal are very dangerous to use without appropriate monitoring by a doctor. These drugs increase your chances of conceiving multiples but do not guarantee it. Also, if you do not have fertility issues a good doctor will not prescribe any fertility drugs for you.

    Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:48 AM on May. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.