my sis is really tensed because of her sister in law.pls.advise

my sister ,mom to 1yr. old daughter stay at home but studying ,was happily living with her husband.but problem started when the sister of her husband aged 35yrs.,unmarried ,stay at home ,came from another country and started to live with them.her sister in law is not getting job there.and she doent help my sis in her domestic work.and moreover when my sis complains to her husband that she is not helping me he replies her that she is our guest and she has no one here her own except us,so we should take care of her in everyway.IS IT NORMAL?her husband is spending lots of money on her,and he says she is going to stay with them forever .this is affecting my sis`s married life.Any advise

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that the 3 of them need to sit down and talk. "company/guests" stay for a few days, NOT live there permanantly! think the sil should pull her own weight around the house- offer to cook, clean do something to 'earn her room and board'- and not just sit back on her butt and do nothing while wife busts her butt doing all the housework and cook/clean for the sil. Maybe wife should go on strike, and let hubs do all the housework, cook, clean and pick up after his sis! Then maybe he would see things need to change.......
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:41 AM on May. 27, 2009

• It all depends on how long she's been there. Maybe he just wants to help her get back on her feet.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 6:01 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Tell your sister next time she's doing housework... just ask "Hey... think you could help me wash the dishes?" or mop/sweep... whatever needs done, and tell her "I'm really tired and need help." Pretty simple... and if that woman is gonna stay with your sis and she's getting money, she should pull her own weight, at least help with the upkeep of where shes living
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:08 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I always feel unconfortable when I lived with or stayed with someone else in their house. I really did not want to touch anything. Maybe that is what she is afraid of too. I am a cleanaphobic and a germaphobic everything must be bleached that can be bleached, this makes most people highly unconfortable. I have only cleaned only 2 people's house one was my ex mother in laws and the other was a close friend of mine that I knew since I was 15.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 6:43 AM on May. 27, 2009

• If I was your sister I would tell the bitch to get on the ball or get the fuck out. "GUESTS" dont live with you forever, so she needs to stop being lazy. Tell you siser to grow a set and tell her husband she wont have this shit.
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 8:03 AM on May. 27, 2009