Anniversary gift ideas, what did you get your SO?

It will be 4 years on the 11th and I am a little stumped on what to get the hubby. He doesnt have a lot of free time, and the free time he does have he plays the ps3, which I hate, so I wont be getting him a game! My cousin suggested getting the both of us tennis rackets since we have a court very close to the house, and its something we could do together. I looked up 4 yr anniversaries online and it said that traditional gifts are flowers, fruit and books. I dont think my husband has read a book since he got out of highschool, and fruit and flowers? I dont think so. Please Please! Any ideas are greatly appreciated and all are welcome! Thank you !

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 6:42 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My Hubby is a video game addict too... I've tried "we can do together" gifts like the tennis racket. If he's not into it now, I doubt he'll leave the games to go play with you more than he HAS to. It's setting yourself up for disappointment. Instead Feed him, and give him something he'll use or want. maybe a gift certificate to the movies that way yall can go spend time with each other away from kids and video games. and of course gettin your grove on is expected.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on May. 27, 2009

• We go with mutual gifts on our anniversary, something that we both can enjoy- such as a nice meal out, a weekend away, paying someone to do yardwork, some household appliance or furniture, and so forth.

Answer by Bmat at 7:04 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree with Bmat. Though last year (our first anniversary) we didn't do anything because our son was circumcised that day! (very romantic right).

I like the tennis racket idea too. Why not arrange for a babysitter go out for a nice adult dinner our and then before you pick up the baby go home for a little one on one time! When I really want to spoil my hubby I spring for a nice steak and a arrange time for a romp. I think any man would LOVE that :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:17 AM on May. 27, 2009

• We went out to eat for dinner. We were really broke for our 1st anniversary and living at my mom's temporarily, and she treated us to a night out alone. But the tennis rackets would be a good idea, it would also be a good idea to get him off the couch, lol.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:11 AM on May. 27, 2009

• We usually just go out to dinner! We just celebrated 3 years at the end of April. We agreed we would only do gifts on the important anniversaries (1, 5, 10, etc.).
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 9:41 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I like the tennis supplies (if u think they will be used). I am about to have our 7th Anv. We usually do the eat out for dinner as a family, so no one has to cook! I like to be cute and follow the fruit, book suggestions too. So for you, maybe order your hubby the gamer or another magazine subscription for a year. See...it's a book! LOL My hubby loves to keep the magazines in the bathroom to read during breaks. So you wouldn't even have to see the silly Ps3 on the pages.
    GL and Happy Anv.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on May. 27, 2009

• we will be $ on the 23rd.. im looking at a chain saw.. he really wants one, and we dont normally give "romantic" gifts.. so im thinking that..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:42 AM on May. 27, 2009